Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Eldo

Me, Matt and Danny today decided to head up to Eldo to do a little rock grappling. There were a few problems I have been waiting to get on. I started to work Resonated which is an arete problem right on the river. In the next few weeks, I do not think the landing will be anywhere near dry and the problem will have to wait until next winter. I figured out most of the moves pretty quick, but the move off the bad sloper shut me down and I could not pull off of it to the good hold on the arete.
We also went and checked out Eastern Priest an amazing highball down by the start of the canyon. It is one of the best problems I have been on in a long time. Good quality moves to a nice highball finish. I will have some pictures of this climb in the next day or two. Me and Matt managed to send this line within a few goes.
I also tried 606 again and find it very frustrating that I can not do this problem considering it is my style of climbing. As i climb more and more I realize that if I expect myself to be able to climb it, I struggle. Where if I just go for it and have no expectations, I usually end up at the top.

No comments: