Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Disturbed Crash Pad Review



Being a person who spends all most of my climbing time bouldering, my crash pad is probably my most valuable piece of gear I carry. There is only choice for me on what company to use and it is Asana. I first started using their gear in 2005. I did not know what to really expect, I mean come on a crash pad is a crash pad right. You sew some fabric together and throw some foam in the middle.
With my Asana pads I have found that even though it is a simple idea it is very hard to get it right and make a quality product all the way around. Some companies have weird angles that could roll your ankles, foam that does not last, straps in the wrong place all these things start adding up when you are using your pad 200 plus days a year.
My first Asana pad; the Lans Solo only needs a foam replacement, everything else has help up well for the last five years. I have carried that thing all over this country and it has seen some great trips.
I recently ordered and added to my arsenal of pads with the new disturbed pad. I like things in bright colors and this pad is no exception. Bright yellow on the inside, orange outside and blue, yellow and orange flaps. This pads stands out as you can see from the photo above. I recently used this pad for the first time last weekend. Here are my five reasons why this pad kicks ass and everyone should look to Asana for their next crash pad.

1. Buckling system- the new system on this pad makes it super fast to close and open. No messing around for five minutes closing buckles, a couple pulls and you are on your way
2. Foam-1 closed cell and 3 inches of open cell that holds up well and protects you on big falls
3. Colors- Now you can get all crazy and create a custom look that you want and make that pad stand out from the crowd
4. Flaps- They seal up everything inside your gear and random stuff does not fall out at the crag. A simple concept but a lot of pads do not have flaps all the way around
5. Company- Asana stands behind their products and wants to make their customers happy with the best products around

No comments: