Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ankle Injury

The past couple weeks I have been laying low and taking it as easy as possible. During the Bouldering Series comp on the 8th, I took a bad fall. I was dynoning for the top of the wall, I missed and landed on the edge of the pad with my left ankle. I was able to finish the comp but afterwards, walking was quite difficult. I went to the doctor and nothing is broken, just a bad sprain. I will probably need some physical therapy to prevent future problems in my ankle. I am still able to climb which is amazing. If I had to take another month off of climbing, I may have gone insane. So I have been setting and climbing in the gym mostly the past couple of weeks. Today I went outside for the first time in a while and headed up to Three Sisters with my girlfriend. I wanted to check out the Subterranean Wall. I managed to climb a few of the classics on the wall. I also put what I believe is an FA. It starts on Spotless and traverses right on crimps into the corner of Stupefied. From here you make a big move out to the finish of Scoundrel. It probably checks in around V6/7. I am proposing the name Double Dragon for this climb. I got some video of this climb, and will have it posted it shortly.

No comments: