Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Mad Rock Hustler

I have decided to start writing about some of my favorite gear and why I use it. In the last five years I have used the Hustler for my street shoes, approach shoes and everything in between. When I first got the shoe I was not sure what to expect from it, how would it handle talus fields? Would it be comfortable to use all day? How would it hold up route setting and forerunning?

1. First off, it is a stylish shoe with a great fit, breathability and build quality.
2. Hiking to places like Mount Evans and RMNP in these shoes is super comfortable and never has caused a problem. In the talus fields scrambling around trying to find problems the shoes stick and feeling like I am going to slip has never crossed my mind.
3. When I route set, I wear this shoe. I do not want to keep switching to my climbing shoes and want to be comfortable when setting for a whole afternoon. Fore running the problems it holds up extremely well, the rubber sticks to even the smallest foot holds and getting a good sense of of what my creation will feel like is easy.









1 comment:

sock hands said...

they are super comfortable on hikes in to evans because you carry less than the required allotment of PADS! kill!